Monday, August 22, 2011

a little update


I feel like the past couple months have been the longest in my life.

So much has happened and is happening, it would be rather long and boring to list here. Suffice it to say, God has an amazing way of working. The perfect timing of all the events, how he turns the bad things into blessings.. I'm in awe of it all.

When I walked out of the building after taking the NCLEX, I literally sat in my car, feeling the tears gather as I fervently prayed for God to show me the next step because there was no way I had passed. That's when I learned to surrender my plans, my dreams, my pride, and to trust God to provide all things. My sister was going to quit her job at the end of the July, my dad was unemployed, my grandma and my cousin were living with us, and my mom's salary was not nearly enough to cover a family of 6. I had to pass. I absolutely had to get a job as soon as possible. But God taught me to let go of all of it. God is good, all the time. He would provide.

I have a job now. I start tomorrow. And even though four out of the six members of this family have no income, I am absolutely confident and feel complete peace in knowing that we are in the hands of our loving Father.

**The Covenant Prayer**

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.

PS:

My sister and me in Canada for vacation


4 comments:

  1. Debora, It is great to hear the ways that God has been working and providing. Thank you for sharing the story and congratulations on the job! Where are you working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Debora!! Have you started yet? How is it going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working at Garfield, the same department-direct observation unit/telemetry- I've been working as a nurse assistant. I really like my coworkers and I have the best boss ever! It's been a huge blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job, Debora, and thanks for sharing. God does provide, but in His way, not ours. So great that you like your workplace too!

    ReplyDelete