Sunday, June 12, 2011

a couple notes...

hey friends!

I'm sitting at the coffee shop where my sister works (yes, I'm skipping church...it's not a habit, I promise!) attempting to study....my boss doesn't seem to understand what I mean when I say I'd only like to work a few days a week =P so I have to find other times to get my studying done.

Not much has come up for me in terms of job searching, but I haven't been trying terribly hard as yet, so I'm not yet worried. I do wish that the hospitals I apply to would actually look at my application (getting the same standardized email rejection from all of them makes me think that they aren't really even looking at it), but whatever.

I am excited about a potential opportunity that just came up yesterday-it's really a stretch, but it may turn into something hopefully. At work yesterday, I was visiting with the daughter of one of my residents and mentioned my interest in geriatric nursing. She got really excited and told me that her mom's primary doctor is Dr. Laura Mosqueda, the head of the gerontology department at UCI. She was like, "Mom has an appointment with Dr. Mosqueda in July...would you like to come with us and meet her?" So I'm planning to go along...meet this doctor, talk to her (briefly), give her a resume and find out what she recommends I do to get a job...hopefully within her department. Who knows? Might be that nothing comes of it...but we'll see. =)

And this is getting long now, but the other update, for those who may not have noticed on facebook....I'm dating again. His name is Luis (pronounced Lewis)...and I'm really enjoying the journey of getting to know him and letting him get to know me. He loves the Lord and is passionate about ministry, and cares deeply about people...we definitely seem to be more compatible in terms of ideas about life and people and God (which was where Chris and I had our issues...), so I'm excited to see what God has for us.

Ok. Back to studying. have a beautiful Sunday, everyone!
Clara

5 comments:

  1. Clara I was wondering who this mystery guy is! So glad to hear it's going well, and you have common beliefs and values. I've been studying tons too... though my brain is now beginning to fight the information coming in. I take the NCLEX on thursday ahhhhh so soon! We're almost nurses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy....you're taking it on Thursday? that's crazy!!! I'm not taking mine until july 7th so I'm not too stressed yet. But sounds like you're going to have a pretty stressful week-hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara! Thanks for the update! How did you and Luis meet? I'm glad you are enjoying the journey so far! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey clara, how about a blog post about you and luis? eh? :)

    Betsy--seriously praying for you girl! :)

    -Linell

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good to hear from you! I hope everyone keeps putting up posts.

    Clara, I hope that when you meet with the doctor it will open up some doors for you. What an exciting, crazy time we are in.

    And I agree with Linell, how about a post dedicated to you and Luis. Like where does he live? Where did you meet him? Etc.

    ReplyDelete