Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Has it really been almost two months since graduation??

I've been meaning to post an update for awhile but I'm just now catching up on life...since graduation and Hurst, I've had two family weddings (in WA and MN), been in a wedding in California, and taken and passed NCLEX. And now I finally get to rest :)

As many of you know through facebook, last month I accepted a position at CHLA on the bone marrow transplant unit. I had also had an offer from the University of Washington on the acute leukemia and bone marrow transplant unit and felt extremely blessed to have offers from two incredible hospitals. I had four days to make the decision and ended up making the call to CHLA as I was picking up 33 cheesecakes for my cousins wedding in MN (slightly nutzo). My family was all supportive of my decision and I was looking forward to working in LA.

God had something different in store. The week after I had a pit in my stomach and a lot of unrest about my job decision (if you've never had a pit like that I don't recommend it...i probably gave myself a gastric ulcer). I thought I had prayed through decision and talked through it the best I could. But as more time passed, the less peace I felt. I spent that week praying a ton and seeking a lot of wisdom. To make a long story short, the more time that went on the more I felt God's leading back to WA. I contacted UW again to see if by chance they still had a position open. I heard back from the manager almost immediately offering me the position yet again. That was the last little bit of confirmation I needed. So now I am officially moving back to Seattle next month and starting at UW on September 12th. As time has gone on I have only felt continued peace about the decision and growing excitement to be near all my family again.

This was totally not the process I had imagined for myself but I feel sure of God's leading and am excited to see what He has in store. It has been a crazy journey the past two months since graduation but so fun to see where God is leading everyone in our class. Love to you all!


1 comment:

  1. Lindsay. What a tough decision. I'm glad you feel peace about your plans though. Once you start, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete