Monday, July 18, 2011

summa-summer


Isn't it great to be in "relaxing mode?" After all of those days of studying (and trying to find places with free air-conditioning that I could camp out in), I am getting some much-appreciated R and R. I don't know about you, but in an effort to remain "focused" and "committed" during my week of intense studying, I kept putting things off that seemed like they could wait.

you know, things like: cleaning my room, vacuuming, cleaning my kitchen, showering, ect...


It was such a great feeling to come home after the NCLEX and get all of those checked off my list. Especially that showering one. Man, that felt good. Of course, I'm kidding. I did shower during the week before my NCLEX. I'm just not going to reveal how many times...


After taking the Hurst Review, I worked full-time hours for about 2.5 weeks to finish out my time at CHLA. Right after that, Betsy and I went to the Washington, DC area to attend our former housemate's wedding. Some of the sights we saw as we sweated through every piece of clothing in that Eastern humidity:Holocaust Museum, Monuments, Arlington National Cemetery, and the Museum of American History. We had a blast. Here is some pictorial proof:



Betsy gettin' her history on!




at the top of the Lincoln Memorial Steps


L to R: Megan (our friend), yours truly, my other half, Linzy (the bride), Tavia (our friend)


And now I am at my parent's house in beautiful Ventura, CA. I have been here a week, and am staying for another 5 days; then I am off to the not-as-beautiful-but-still-kinda-sorta-nice city of Fresno to stay with my best friend for 5 days, and of course hang out with Jenna. Not as exciting as a new boo (oh yeah CLARA!!!), but still nice. I begin my job on August 8th, and would much appreciate prayer for the beginning of that journey. Also, Betsy is heading out for Cambodia and Singapore (i think that's right), for about 2 weeks with her church and she would most certainly covet your prayers as well. She is participating in orphan care and some health teaching.


I miss all of you guys, and it has been very exciting to see how God is working in people's lives in this new stage of life. I'll write again once I start my job!















2 comments: